Microblading has become a popular cosmetic procedure, giving women more defined eyebrows and reducing the time spent on makeup application. However, after getting this treatment, you may be surprised to discover that your aftercare involves keeping your brows dry for several days. This leads to one common question: what happens if I get my microbladed brows wet?
Before answering that question, let’s first look at what microblading is. It’s a semi-permanent tattooing technique used to fill in sparse or patchy eyebrows with hair-like strokes using a specialized tool and pigment ink .
The pigment only penetrates the upper layer of skin and can last anywhere from 6 months to 3 years, depending on how well it is cared for. Aftercare instructions are vital for good results since they determine how well the color sets and how long it lasts .
Despite its popularity and effectiveness, many people do not know much about microblading post-care .
The Importance of Keeping Your Microbladed Brows Dry
After having your eyebrows threaded meticulously by your microblade artist over a period of several hours –- or even longer –- it’s essential to keep them as clean and untouched as possible while they heal but especially during the first two weeks after treatment when most scarring occurs .
Why? Getting your freshly micro-bladded brows wet increases the risk of infection which may result in ‘fuzzy’ looking lines instead of elegant ones you had before you got them wet. Water will flood into the microscopic wounds made by create individual line strokes – causing ink leakage resulting in uncontrollable smudging within your wound/hair stroke area leading grayish/blurred/patchy/bulky definition-less brow effect because some implanted hairlike stokes have been washed away by water .
What Happens If You Get Your Microbladed Brows Wet?
While it’s crucial to keep your microbladed brows dry for the first two weeks after treatment, many women may still feel unsure of what will happen if they do get their brows wet.
- Color Fading: Your eyebrow pigment could fade with excessive water contact – which is expected. Swimming pools are known culprits to speed up fading but still don’t panic as majority of the color fades because of poor quality ink/ink dispersion technique instead of normal healing process. Therefore be mindful that losing some colour/fading is normal and much more anticipated on oily skin rather than dryer types due to excessive sebum production since oil based skin tends to reject pigment lightly held in topmost layer, while people with drier skins might experience less fade altogether but light saturation overall.
- Smudging: One thing you want to avoid at all costs when you invest time & money into this cosmetic procedure is smudging throughout healing period which would force an extended healin period eventually leading up distorted shapes or heavier scabs which may cause major loss in color definition during the eventual follow-up appointment necessary for correction within 5-8wks window.
- Risk Of Infection: When bacteria comes into contact with open wounds like those made by micoblade strokes further complications can arise such as unwanted bacterial growth both from the environment around ingestion/inhalation via air system of germs/bacteria present resulting in minor itching & distress followed by slight sensitivity then bigger swellings/sudden temperature increase/allergic reaction that make clean ups & repairs difficult.
Now that we know what happens when our microbladed eyebrows come into contact with water, it’s best to take precautions – especially in those first critical two weeks after your treatment .
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Limit water exposure as much as you can: Apply a touch of Vaseline around edges, for safety when washing your face or showering, try wearing a shower cap and use gentle face wipes only, if necessary rinse hairs tipped upside right angle facing down stream/sprayer.
- Keep Your Brows Moisturized: Localizing moisturizer applications around wound/stroke area will help to battle excessive dryness while also preventing smudging whenever water comes into contact with it.
- Avoid Sweating: Slightly raise room temperature so that you don’t sweat; sweating due to physical activities may lead to large patches of ink loss & premature fading.
- Don’t Itch or Pick at Your Eyebrow: If scruffy dull dead skin appears while healing period perform light massages 1-2x day gently using Q-tips soaked in lukewarm saltwater solution specially prepared for postcare usage by your artist
By taking precautions during the healing process, the results from microblading can be fabulous leaving you with well defined brows that need little touching up!
Q: Can I wash my face after getting my eyebrows microbladed?
A: While keeping your microbladed brows dry is important immediately after the procedure; once those first critical few days have passed attempts should be made t gently splash warm water on forehead avoiding direct spraying onto tips/edges/corners ; then placing silicon patch co dress immediately afterwards.
Q: How long until I fully recover following MicroBlading?
A: Anywhere from one week up-to two weeks max sometimes longer depending on natural complexion endocrine systems and overall local immunity threshold of each individual client undergoing this treatment dependent upon location/practitioner’s artival play but recommendations is 14days minimum.
Q: What Can I Do If My Microbladed Brows Get Wet?
A: Be sure to wipe off any excess water right away using a clean cloth then immediately sanitize with antibacterial solution provided as part of your after-care package, gently dab peardrop amount on line/flex created by artist over the treated brow area less vigorous impact or excessive application from cotton swab due to healing process aim for usage at least twice per day.
Microblading is an awesome procedure that leaves you with beautiful eyebrows. Knowing what happens if we get our microbladed brows wet will help us take better care of them. By following instructions about keeping our eyebrows dry and taking care during the healing period, we can be assured best results are obtained every time!